Saturday, March 13, 2010

rifle scope ratings - I bought a new Remington 700 in .223 Remington for hunting prairie dogs Marmotte.

I bought a new Remington 700 in .223 Remington for hunting prairie dogs Marmotte. When you start a new scope of a rifle as I set my other guns, and even the simplest things. I started with Ken Farrell bases (those not included in the survey) and Leupold PRW rings. After installing the basic principles and the bottom of the rings on the gun, I used the instrument performs Sinclair to ensure that the ring and the basic regulations. I turned in the rings down to reach about 80% reaches the bottom rings.

Chaotic After work was done with the cleaning, and it is high time for a telescopic sight Leupold M8 12 times and placed in the middle of the line of sight. I installed the upper half of the rings and have clarified that I may still be possible, as it is in turn in the right direction. I set a target of 50 meters and a chain with plums Bob center of the target. Then I put the barrel of a gun and rest Sinclair made sure that I found boring, so I put the gun and scope in the rings were the same. I have a small linear level by level of beneficiary / gun. When you see the string / Set up the ladder, I turned the volume until the cross is aligned with the vertical tubes.

After the field was square, and rings hours down safely, I was attracted to the gun spotted and a flurry. The round was at 4 o clock ', and a duty of destination. I corrected if the ball would have an impact on approximately ½ "below my attention up to 50 meters. I knew it would be a good starting point to get back to 100 meters.

Then I saw in my rifle and scope of 100 meters with the ball at impact about 1.5 cm in height, so I have zero to about 200 meters. I then moved to 200 meters to and verified the zero to 200 meters. I had to make some minor changes and then change the control areas, the zero position for both sides and height. The foregoing has been done several times of trial and error.

When I make a good counter to zero every 200 I need to shoot accurately at 300 meters high 2.5 minutes in order to host. If you do not want the point of impact of the changes would amount to about 7 "down so I think the point to compensate for about 7" above. Note: The difference in height for this rifle and load your personal settings so that your height may be different.

I like the 223 Remington cartridge hunting animals for any other reason not just raw power. I know from experience that the ball is the path of this cartridge and rifle combination of a lot that end my 30-06 hunting rifle. Then I can use my 30-06 for shooting crows Clever and just before the hunting season. Before going to antelope and mule deer in Wyoming, as parasites of shooting with my 30-06 and familiarize yourself with something a bit 'more perspectives. It also gives me a good chance of obtaining accurate zeros.

I know it's fun to shoot long distances, but I try to keep my hunting shots to 400 meters. There are many variables, that is between you and the target, and usually is 400 meters from my mistake. Another exercise that I propose a game on paper plates at 100 meters, set at 200 meters and 300 meters and turn until I take the plates on the first shot. The paper plates are almost as big as the life zone for most wildlife. I recommend both of firing at 200 and 300 meters, as you can, because I know how easy it is to reach a miscalculation. Learning to use your opportunities as a rangefinder. Books Duplex mil-dot scope and the fields are relatively easy to use telemetry and there that explain how. I prefer the duplex for the rich, just because that's what I trained with the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment